Join Our Team
Material Girls Quilt Boutique is a family-owned all-things-sewing and quilting business celebrating 20 years serving all the DMV area.
We are seeking part-time Retail Sales Associates who is friendly, customer-oriented, personable, self-motivated, with a passion for sewing/crafting and has an interest in learning and selling high-end home sewing machines and other sewing, embroidery, and quilting products we offer.
This person is interested in working on our retail sales floor team while having fun in a friendly, customer-focused environment, and being rewarded for hard work. This individual also desires to expand their passion in sewing, quilting, or embroidery and is willing to learn. This hands-on person enjoys learning, doesn’t mind periodic physical work, can take direction from others, successfully work within a team, while creating a friendly environment, while positively interacting with customers.
- Are customer focused with a friendly disposition, and love interacting with people?
- Are self-starters, and enjoy a fast-paced, self-driven, busy work environment.
- Don't have a problem being on your feet for most of the day.
- Able lift and carry up to 50 pounds from time to time, without issue.
- Are detail-oriented and multi-tasker.
- Able to work at least one Saturday a month.
- Feel rewarded when creating and providing customer solutions so they feel empowered to enhance their creativity.
- Are computer competent, enjoy new technology, and feel they can successfully operate within our POS system.
- Desire higher earnings based on sales performance success/results.
- Believe you have the drive and passion to earn incentives and opportunities because we're looking for someone who wants a career within the sewing/crafting field and not just a job.
It is a PLUS if you already have some level of experience and passion in Sewing, Quilting, or Embroidery. Experience is not necessary, if you have an interest in crafts/sewing and a strong desire to learn, we can teach you.
Location: LaPlata, Maryland
Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, and Saturday 9:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Compensation: This position is paid hourly, with a future opportunity to earn commission upon completed training(s) and in-store promotions.
Interested in exploring further, please send your cover letter/note and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org